Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Share | 

I.V.E.P changes name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jérôme
User

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: I.V.E.P changes name   Fri 6 Apr - 5:21

Please note the announcement that went out today from International Programs Director, Ron Flaming, to all MCC staff regarding the IVEP name change. Let me know if you have questions.

IVEP-International Volunteer Exchange Program formerly International Visitor Exchange Program
Currently the "V" in IVEP stands for "visitor". This is a title that has been used since the 1970s (prior to that it was know as the "trainee program"). We don't believe that "visitor" is an appropriate description of this program as it stands today. We want the title to sound more participatory and active which more accurately describes the participants. At the same time, there is considerable "brand recognition" for IVEP throughout the world. Therefore we have decided to retain the "IVEP" name but to change "visitor" to "volunteer".

This change was discussed with the current IVEP group at mid-year conference and I believe this change reflects the sentiments of most of them.

I.V.E.P changes name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peace Makers Krew :: ACTING :: I.V.E.P-
Jump to: