Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Share | 

Matthew 5:16

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

PostSubject: Matthew 5:16   Tue 17 Apr - 0:39

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
God don't ask us to do great things nor to be locked up between four walls praying all days along... no ! God just ask us to share his word with our friends, to announce the gospel to all the people that we know...
I don't say this to make you feel guilty or any thing because I'm the one that speak the less about the Bible to his friends, but I always try to follow God's plan...
If anyone of us are a light to whom are in darkness, I think that all the whole world could be saved...
---
"Que votre lumière luise ainsi devant les hommes, afin qu'ils voient vos bonnes oeuvres, et qu'ils glorifient votre Père qui est dans les cieux." Matthieu 5:16
Dieu ne nous demande pas de faire des grandes choses ni de s'enfermer entre quatre murs en priant tous les jours... non ! Dieu nous demande seulement de partager sa parole avec nos amis, d'annoncer la bonne nouvelle à tout les gens que l'on connais...
Je ne dis pas ceci pour vous faire sentir coupable ou autre parce que je suis celui qui parle le moins de la bible à ses amis, mais j'essaie toujours de suivre le plan de Dieu...
Si chacun de nous est une lumière pour ceux qui sont dans les ténèbres, je pense que tout le monde serait sauvé...

User

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Matthew 5:16   Tue 17 Apr - 18:58

It sometimes difficult to share the Bible, or our belief with non Christian friends. I think also to these verse:
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." 2 Corinthians 4:7
I personally understand this scripture like to not boast to much (we have to be proud to be the sons of God, but not by claiming it to loud for it will do any good, I don't think to be better than anyone). I mean by this that what we have inside is more important than what we show outside, and the spirit will do the rest.

If I write this it's because I think that our testimony is more in our daily life, in every details of our life, than with a long discourse. Of course we have to evangelize, talk about our faith, but I think that showing to other a way of life can also be powerful.

And if your relationship with God is true, your light will shine in what you do, and your act will be for the glory of God, in your everyday life, in those little details who do the big things.

Matthew 5:16
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1