Peace Makers Krew

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  WebSiteWebSite  Log in  

Share | 

2 Corinthians 5:7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jérôme
User

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: 2 Corinthians 5:7   Tue 15 May - 4:01

"We walk by faith, not by sight."

International User
International User

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-18

PostSubject: 2 Corinthians 5:7   Tue 15 May - 19:23

Just the good one!!!

This verse is so powerful! Do we applicate it???

For my personal experience, I know I didn't walk by faith for a long time, and still, it's hard to do it.
With the pressure of the World, we are in a fast-running river going only one way: power, money, recognition.
Walking by faith means going where God says to go. Usually its against the sens the river of people is running. So we see everything comming close to us very fast, and for to not being hurt, we go in the same direction than everybody, we walk by sight. But when you do wrong, it hurts really bad!!!

The great thing of going God's way, walking by faith is that God is with us. And if God is for us, who can be against us? (Rom 8:31). I can see in my own life that walking by faith is way easier than walking by sight. God opens the doors, you just have to follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bora
Bilingual
Bilingual

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 2 Corinthians 5:7   Wed 16 May - 7:13

There was a small group which I ministered to while I was in Cambodia. They were new born Christain, well I should say they have had just believe in Jesus not more than a year. As the group leader, I thouhgt I would go there to teach them about God and the way to live as a Christain's life. Well, after a short while, I just felt in love with the group and the only reason because those people helped me to stay strong and to grow stronger in my faith. I realized that all I had to share with them was only my knowledge, but they were the one who helped me with my Faith in God. I was so impressed to see how they have faith in Jesus even they didn't have much knowledge about Him throught the Bible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.boraincanada.blogspot.com
fady005
Trillingual
Trillingual

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2 Corinthians 5:7   Wed 16 May - 9:40

First of all what is faith ? It's always something that we can't see but that we have since we were born ! The hardest is to know the right "person" in which we should have faith.
Having faith in a human being is always deceiving... It always arrive that this person go far from us and left us alone facing all the dificulties of life. But having faith in God last for ever because He's always here when we need him.
In addition, God knows everything, so if we walk by our faith in Him, we'll never be deceived : He knows us better then we do (Psalm 139) and know what's the better for us so let's trust Him !
---
Tout d'abord qu'est-ce que la foi ? C'est toujours quelque chose que nous ne pouvons pas voir mais que nous avons de puis notre naissance ! Le plus dur est de savoir en "qui" avoir foi.
Avoir foi en un être humain est toujours décevant... Il arrive toujours que cette personne s'éloigne de nous et nous laisse tout seul face aux difficultés de la vie. Mais avoir foi en Dieu dure à jamais parce qu'il est toujours là quand on a besoin de lui.
De plus, Dieu connait tout, alors si nous marchons par notre foi en Lui, on ne sera jamais déçu : Il nous connais mieux que nous même (Psaume 139) et sait le meilleur pour nous alors faisons lui confiance !

User

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2006-08-03

PostSubject: Re: 2 Corinthians 5:7   Sun 1 Jul - 22:04

Today I listen this song from Doen Moen, it reminds me of the verse because of this part:

God is good all the time:

"Though I may not understand,
All the plants You have for me,
My life is in Your hands,
And through the eyes of faith
I can clearly see
"

Walking by faith doesn't means to be blind, it means seeing things differently. In walking by faith, we see the miracles of God. This is not seeing with our own eyes, but to be guided by the Lord's ones.

PostSubject: Re: 2 Corinthians 5:7   

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 5:7
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peace Makers Krew :: ACTING :: Weekly inspiration-
Jump to: